In chaotic and ever-changing times, all eyes are on trends and insights for many industries in the rest of 2021 and in to 2022. Telecommunications is one of those industries where professionals within the field are wondering what trends will have the biggest impact coming up. In a fast-moving and fast-changing world like telecommunications, the right intelligence can be make or break. Turbine Labs, a leader in AI and NLP technology, has the right tools for the job when it comes to picking the right actionable insights to follow. Here are our predictions and possible trend insights for the biggest things to impact the telecom industry in 2021 and 2022:
- One prominent trend is the arrival of nationwide 5G. As a result, adapting devices to those networks will be crucial.
- IoT (Internet of things)
- The demand for home and industrial IoT devices and applications will increase consistently in the post-pandemic world.
- Reports show that there will be 35 billion IoT devices installed worldwide by 2021 and 75.44 billion by 2025 (source: How Many IoT Devices Are There in 2021? More than Ever! )
- As a result, many telecom companies will need to expand and upgrade networks to cater to the needs of these new IoT devices and applications that will continue to spread into new industries.
- Ex: Thermostats, cars, lights, refrigerators, and more appliances can all be connected to the IoT
- Smart Cities
- Smart cities will rely on telecom networks to manage services, assets, and resources efficiently by getting actionable insights from a large amount of real-time data. Telecom operators have to act as smart connectivity providers to meet the needs of smart cities.
- A service oriented infrastructure is required to connect individuals and devices in a smart city. These include innovation services and communication infrastructure.
- More Telecom companies are utilizing AI to fast track their business whether it be through network optimization, virtual assistants, preventive maintenance, client support or research and development.
- Using AI to extract market insights from data volumes obtained every day
- Leverage AI and ML to forecast end-user distribution and predict peak traffic
- Approximately 10% of consumers in the US own a VR headset according to Deloitte’s Global Mobile Consumer Survey (DGMCS)
- There are growing opportunities for VR spanning over many different fields including (medical, maintenance, technical support, self-help, etc) and each of these opportunities will likely require network support Source: 74 Virtual Reality Statistics You Must Know in 2021/2022: Adoption, Usage & Market Share – Financesonline.com.
As we await what the rest of 2021 will bring to the table, Turbine Labs is always in your corner to find and analyze the most actionable insights and biggest trends. Impactful data and trends can be the difference between a good decision and an ill-informed decision and the right data makes a difference. If you and your team are ready to find out the most insightful data points and analysis for your industry, give us just 15 minutes with one of our experts and we can show you how actionable insights can make a difference for you.